This is what I've had in mind, aka the rules (as of now - if everyone hates them I might tweak them but I hope I don't have to cause things just get complicated and I'm a horrible negotiator :p)
1. If you want to participate, please reply to this post using the following form:
<b>Primary cap URL:</b>
<b>Secondary cap URL:</b>
2. With your sign-up, please leave 2 DW screencaps and one theme idea.
[More about themes]
It can be a technical theme, like 'negative space' or 'blocking' etc, but can also be a thematic/interpretative one, just not character- or era-specific please! If you just don't come up with anything but would still like to participate, I can make one up for you too, but ofc I'd hope to get themes from everyone for added variety! :) ) If you notice that we already have way more than 10 participants, no need to come up with a theme, they're just plan B in case we don't get many participants.
3. The caps can be from any Doctor Who episode. This includes all seasons of both classic and new who. However please try to find caps of at least workable quality. I'm not necessarily asking for bluray quality, cause then we couldn't use anything before s5 of new who, but if something looks SUPER blurry/grainy/LQ I might have to veto it. This might be a concern with classic who caps especially, but if you can find decent ones then go for it :)
4. Both of your chosen caps will be used if we get 6 or less participants. If we get more, only the primary cap will be used.
5. If the number of participants is n, the number of icons each one will make (x) will be set using the following formula:
- if n ≤ 6, x = 3*n (both caps + theme from everyone will be used)
- if 7 ≤ n ≤ 10, x = 2*n (primary cap and theme from everyone will be used)
- if 11 ≤ n ≤ 20, x = n (everyone's primary caps will be used and we'll just forget about the themes)
- if n > 20, x = 20 (everyone gets to choose which 20 of the chosen primary caps they'll use. No themes.
[WHAT?? In English please! :p]
The above in English:
- if we get 6 participants or fewer, everyone will make an icon of everyone's both caps and everyone's theme
- if we get 7-10 participants, everyone will make an icon of everyone's primary cap and everyone's theme
- if we get 11-20 participants, everyone just makes an icon of everyone's primary cap
- if we somehow manage to get over 20 participants, everyone will get to cvhoose which 20 of the chosen primary caps they'll icon
So if you're wondering how many icons you'll actually make in the end, it depends on how many participants we have and this table should provide the answer (the first column is the number of participants, the second one tells the number of icons each of us will make, and the third one explains which things we're iconing - I've highlighted the row that currently applies):
|2||6||1. cap, 2. cap, theme|
|3||9||1. cap, 2. cap, theme|
|4||12||1. cap, 2. cap, theme|
|5||15||1. cap, 2. cap, theme|
|6||18||1. cap, 2. cap, theme|
|7||14||1. cap, theme|
|8||16||1. cap, theme|
|9||18||1. cap, theme|
|10||20||1. cap, theme|
|over 20||20||20 of the 1. caps|
Hope this explanation made a bit more sense! :D
HOPE THE MATHS DIDN'T SCARE ANYONE AWAY :O I know this looks confusing but just ask if you don't get this part, haha. This is just to ensure that the number of icons is likely to stay between 10 and 20 (under 10 won't be much of a challenge or battle, over 20 would be just too much work for most of us).
6. For the themed icons you get to choose your own caps from all of DW. For the rest you'll have to use the given caps. You can use other caps in them too, but please make the chosen cap the main focus of the icon!
7. Once the caps and themes have been chosen, I'll make a post containing the necessary info and then you'll have a whole month to make the icons. (should be more than enough even for 20 icons!) And ofc I'd give extra time for anyone needing it, this is all for fun and nothing too official :)
8. The cap submissions close on 7th February. You can still sign up after this date, but the caps have already been chosen then so you won't get yours into the mix, so I'd recommend signing up sooner rather than later :)
9. Some links to DW caps: Shadow of Reflection, Sonic Biro, Medusa Cascade, Doctor Who tag at thepicturepool. Feel free to use your own sources or even recommend them, I'll add them to the list!
10. No wank. You can retract your sign-up if you don't like the caps people choose, but ofc I'm hoping you'll be cool with using anything as long as it's workable quality-wise. Who knows, using subjects you don't usually work with might be a nice challenge :) If you do want to retract your signup however, please try to do it before the cap submissions close so I'll be able to choose the correct formula from above!
PHEW, THAT'S ALL FOR NOW I THINK :3 I'd loooove to see as many shiny new DW icons as possible, so do consider joining us!! This is the perfect opportunity to make everyone icon your favorite character/scene/episode/ship/whathaveyou :>