Doctor Who - 9
Farscape - 3
Buffy the Vampire Slayer - 3
Star Wars - 2
Harry Potter - 1
Star Trek - 1
StarGate SG1 - 1
They're in random order but hover for fandom!
This is my entry for the 30th round of scifi20in20. I had to participate this time cause there was a really cool twist - we claimed a technique instead of a usual claim. I picked text. I used to be decent at it at a time, but lately I've just made fewer and fewer text icons in each set and even those haven't come easily at all. I was feeling very very rusty so I *had* to do something about this, which is why I claimed it. And you know what, now I LOVE doing text again, all thanks to this awesome round! :D
I also challenged myself in many other ways, such as not only using my usual vibrant colorings but also trying some really muted, pale and/or grungy stuff. (The ac set shows a very literal transition, lol.) Also I hadn't made that much blocking in ages either so that too had to be fixed.
Uh, this is quite shippy a batch. In the ac set I just completely indulged myself and iconned some of my favorite scifi/fantasy show ships, and even the themes have 2 or 3 Doctor/Master icons. Hope it doesn't bother you too much, that's just what 90% of my brain activity consists of these days (the remaining 10% is icons, so shippy icons = 100% happy john_scorpy! ^^)
About Music Shuffle - this was an amazing prompt that more comms should use btw! - I got so lucky. I listen to so much perky pop with not much in the way of lyrics that I feared I wouldn't get anything inspiring, but when I hit play, what I got was a song from one of the few heavy metal bands I listen to.
[My interpretation, behind spoiler cut cause it's rambly]
The song tells about a werewolf who accidentally kills his lover in his wolf form. I didn't want to do it the obvious way and icon Lupin or some other werewolf. Instead I made a Doctor/Master interpretation of it. I'm thinking of the scene in the End of Time where the Doctor meets the Master at the wasteland in the night - the Master shoots him with his new superpower life energy thing, and the Doctor doesn't try to escape or defend himself, he just keeps on walking until he falls. At which point the Master hurries to catch him, clearly caring and worried, until he again drops the Doctor, disgusted with himself. So the story in my icon version is that the Master indeed kills the Doctor then, and does so because he's driven insane by the drums in his head, much like the moon drives a werewolf insane. And the Doctor plays the role of the lover who just can't stay away even when knowing how dangerous the situation is, he loves the Master even when he's insane, which is what the lyrics I chose are supposed to represent here. And this is officially way too much babbling about one freaking icon, lol. I do recommend playing the song anyway, cause it's freaking amazing!
Oh and a few words of explanation are probably needed about my category set! The prompt was 'dream team' where we pick characters from different scifi/fantasy shows and give them roles in a 'dream cast'. Well, me being the twisted-minded weirdo that I am I just couldn't use a proper hero cause they're boring. Actually none of my five characters are very 'decent' at all. Nope, my dream multicrossover cast goes like this:
[IT MAYBE MAKES SENSE WHEN YOU TRY REALLY HARD]
The Hero is the Master from Doctor Who, because the hero gets all the screen time so why not have the hottest character in that spot? :p He'd still be his adorable evil self, but my justification for him being in the 'hero' role is that he has conquered the Scarran empire (from Farscape) and now needs to defend it against Scorpius (also from Farscape) who still wants to wipe the empire from existence. YES THAT MAKES THE MASTER VERY VERY HEROIC :P I'm sure this is valid logic in some parts of the universe.
The Master's sidekick is the lovely Vala from StarGate SG1. I'd imagine they'd have a lot of fun together. Faith from BtVS serves as the fighter, cause who doesn't enjoy her fighting scenes ;) and of course a show just isn't all that interesting without some slashiness, so the Master's love interest is Anakin Skywalker. I chose him mainly because he's fine with calling people his 'master' and this is very relevant to my hero's interests :p also because his initial moral leanings would cause nice angst and tension in the beginning, but they'd probably have a happy ending cause poor Ani has proven it's not that impossible to steer him away from the light side of the Force...
|first||wicked||comedy||past & future||pivotal moment|
|the picture pool||tears||weird science||music shuffle||current passion|
|Hero ;)||Sidekick||Villain||Love interest||Fighter|
As always, I'd be super grateful for any comments :)